Re: Mandatory or a cautionary accidental?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Mandatory or a cautionary accidental?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 12:21:28 +0200

Am 22.10.2013 12:18, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Am 22.10.2013 11:10, schrieb David Kastrup:

Again: you are making an editorial decision here.  There are several
valid decisions you can make.  The important thing is _documenting_ your
decision so that
a) the reader knows which pitch to play
b) the reader knows what was originally written
The latter point is only relevant when doing a critical edition, and
particularly relevant when doing an Urtext.
Exactly. That's why I'm actually asking this question. From the
readabil- and unambigu-ity point of view I would have managed to do it
alone.
So where is the problem?

Nowhere anymore.
I wasn't sure if the situation in the original edition is wrong or only impractical.
_Now_ I know it's the latter.

Thanks again