So, slashed beamed grace notes...

From: EdBeesley
Subject: So, slashed beamed grace notes...
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:50:12 -0700 (PDT)

Digging up an old chestnut here... I've gone through the archives and it
seems that there was interest from several users for a reliable solution to
a slash through the first of a beamed group of grace notes.

The oft-quoted solution is the snippet at
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=721 but this really isn't a great
solution, for example in the snippet code just change the grace notes to
quavers (for my American colleagues - eighth notes) and the line is in
completely the wrong place.

I've seen plenty of examples in modern and old repertoire to support the
practice of slashing through the first grace note in a beamed group, and I
don't believe it's an acceptable alternative to remove the slashes when
typesetting another composer's work - if they wrote slashes they should get
them.

Thoughts anyone? I'd really like this feature to be added, and I'd be
willing to contribute to/offer a bounty for its inclusion.