Re: id's for svg elements

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: id's for svg elements
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 09:39:45 +0600

Am 2013-10-27 um 19:46 schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

> Henning Hraban Ramm <address@hidden> writes:

>>> It's definitely one of LilyPond's assets.
>>
>> Oh yes! And I would praise the ConTeXt list in the same breath.
>>
>> Just trying to get an interesting, but complicated open source project
>> running, that has a helpful, but very small and maybe not that
>> competent fellowship on its mailing list, I can appreciate my two
>> favorite OS MLs even more!
>
> Well, I'd argue that LilyPond and Context differ in how useful the
> available documentation is _before_ you have to revert to the mailing
> list.
>
> We probably only see a fraction of LilyPond users on this list, whereas
> it is probably only a tiny fraction of Context users _not_ on the
> Context mailing list since in the category of somewhat up to date
> comprehensive documentation there is not really much available other
> than Hans Hagen.  "Someday somebody will write a user manual" has been
> sort of a running joke for decades.

Entirely true, unfortunately.

There’s a lot of docs for ConTeXt (old manuals, newer articles, the wiki
including a command reference), but by far not as helpful, current and complete
as LilyPond’s!

But this thread runs off topic, let’s stop here or take it to PM.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm