Re: New "make-path-stencil" function

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: New "make-path-stencil" function
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 20:48:14 -0500

Hi Paul,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

Eventually I could see a version of this making its way into LilyPond (either alongside or as a replacement of "make-connected-path-stencil").

Thank you for posting this!

In the process of working on adding niente circles to Ferneyhough hairpins (Issue 3357), I noticed that these hairpins don't work with line breaks.  (They are simply duplicated.)  The routine which draws them uses make-connected-path-stencil.  Since the latter starts everything from (0 0), you can't draw broken pieces which are open at both ends.

--David