LilyPond score publication

From: Urs Liska
Subject: LilyPond score publication
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 21:43:01 +0100

Hi all,

I hope you'll not consider this post as spam, but as I'll tell you later I think it _does_ have some general relevance to LilyPond ;-)

I have just released a post on lilypondblog.org starting a little series of reports on the ominous "Fried project" that was mentioned every now and then on this list or similar places: http://lilypondblog.org/2013/10/oskar-fried-complete-songs/

This project is the scholarly edition of a volume with the complete songs of Oskar Fried (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Fried) which we're about to finish right now. This volume has been completely (with the exception of the cover) prepared using text based tools (LilyPond and LaTeX), and apart from being a beautiful specimen of LilyPond's capabilities it may have some relevance to LilyPond itself: this project was triggering Janek's "Tie Crusade" and his current work on improving the \shape function, and the new Preview modes in Frescobaldi also have their origin in this project.

In the post I repeated the subscription offer that I had released way too long ago (when we still hoped to release in 2012 ...), and I would like to make a modified repeat of that offer. As an expression of gratitude for the generous help we have always received from this list we offer copies of the new edition at cost price for subscribers of the lilypond-user list. We still have to calculate this price, which will also depend on the number of printed copies. This won't comprise any editor's fees but in addition to the net printing costs there are some items to consider like reference copies, banking fees, registrations etc. If I'd have to make an estimate I'd say it will be around 10 Euro for the softcover and 20 for the hardcover version (but particularly the hardcover price is due to changes in response to the number of copies).

The volume will be +/- 120 pages (94 pages of music), contains 26 songs (three of them being duets), pictures and a meticulous revision report. It will be printed on beautiful and robust yellowish paper and processed with thread-stitching. In the post you can view two score samples and listen to the corresponding audio samples.

This offer is open until Dec 1.

Regards
Urs