Re: \parenthesize command looks puny compared with reminder accidental

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: \parenthesize command looks puny compared with reminder accidental
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:47:19 +0000

Thank your for the helpful replies. I didn't realize that these
parentheses were objects of such high status to warrant their own
interface - I now see I should have looked in the index first and found

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/internals/parenthesesitem

Your syntax is too modern for the version 2.16, but interpolating with
the reply from Harm I get

\version "2.16"

{
  \override ParenthesesItem #'font-size = #0

 \override ParenthesesItem #'padding = #0.05
  f'?4 \parenthesize f'4
}

which works just fine.

Thank you both for the responses,