Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Portfile for Frescobaldi on Mac

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Portfile for Frescobaldi on Mac
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 23:23:50 -0500

On Oct 30, 2013, at 4:54 AM, Jean-Alexis Montignies <address@hidden> wrote:

> Warning!
>
> Don’t try to do update on Mavericks (MacOS 10.9) as QT is currently not
> compiling.
> If installed before upgrading to 10.9, Frescobaldi continues to work.

Thanks for the heads-up.

It may be necessary to install the new version of the developer software and
the associated command line tools in order for MacPorts to update correctly.
It may also be that the new OS broke something that has to be fixed.

I hadn't updated to Mavericks yet and may put that off for a while due to this
and another issue- I will also lose my favorite NNTP client as it requires Open
Transport (a legacy item that's almost 20 years old, finally expunged after
hanging around from System 7.5.2 through OS X 10.8.5).  Sad to see
MT-NewsWatcher go.

OTOH, for the first time in many installation attempts, Frescobaldi does
finally work on my Mac under 10.8.5 thanks to the latest portfile.  I was
highly surprised when it worked!  Nice job, David L.

I do still find myself using Marc's LilyEditor as it's quicker to launch (I
apparently can't assign .ly and .ily files to go to Frescobaldi when double
clicked, for some reason unknown to me, so when I have to do something quick
LilyEditor gets the file).