Re: Hiding empty pentagrams (first message)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Hiding empty pentagrams (first message)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 15:47:09 +0100

2013/11/3 Son_V <address@hidden>
I'm a beginner in the use of LP; I usually make a score with MuseScore, then
I export it to an .xml file and use "musicxml2ly" to get a .ly file and
launch it on UbuntuStudio to call Frescobaldi, to have a better output.

Ciao Vincenzo
why not using Denemo instead of MuseScore? I think that you'll have the benefits of a GUI software and probably a cleaner .ly file (which you can  also tweak inside Denemo).

The problems that I encounter are often due to the fact that I'm not English
mother language, so I often can't find how to put in English questions that
maybe I have problems to put even in Italian.

What I can't figure out is how to make the pentagrams that do not contain
notes to be hidden. I've tried to use \RemoveEmptyStaves but I didn't get
what I was looking for: the empty pentagrams are still there, I just got
multiple rests to appear as single ones. It's really easy wit MuseScore to
obtain what I want.

have you read this page?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/modifying-single-staves#hiding-staves