Re: Hiding empty pentagrams (first message)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Hiding empty pentagrams (first message)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 07:45:52 +0100

I'm sure pentagram is referring to staff.

Helge Kruse <address@hidden> schrieb:
Am 03.11.2013 15:28, schrieb Son_V:

The problems that I encounter are often due to the fact that I'm not English
mother language, so I often can't find how to put in English questions that
maybe I have problems to put even in Italian.
Year mail can be read perfectly.

What I can't figure out is how to make the pentagrams that do not contain
notes to be hidden. I've tried to use \RemoveEmptyStaves but I didn't get
what I was looking for: the empty pentagrams are still there, I just got
multiple rests to appear as single ones. It's really easy wit MuseScore to
obtain what I want.

I am not sure what you mean with pentagrams. But a minimum example would
help.

But when \RemoveEmptyStaves shall do its work you must write the rest in
the form

Rm*n

\score {
{
R1 R R R R R % ignored by RemoveEmpyStaves
R1*10
}
\layout {
\context {