Re: Hiding empty pentagrams (first message)

From: Son_V
Subject: Re: Hiding empty pentagrams (first message)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 09:30:10 -0800 (PST)

2013/11/3 Son_V <vincenzo.auer@>

Ciao Vincenzo

Ciao Federico

why not using Denemo instead of MuseScore? I think that you'll have the
benefits of a GUI software and probably a cleaner .ly file (which you can
 also tweak inside Denemo).

I am used to MuseScore that I think is a wonderful program, but for the
output I still prefer, as I've said, to export to an .xml file, treat it
with musicxml2ly and then load the obtained .ly file (in Frescobaldi)
because of the better typographical output I get. For other problems I
searched online and found the solutions, other times I've fought by myself.

have you read this page?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/modifying-single-staves#hiding-staves

Yes. I didn't asked before searching, and it's there where I found the
\Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves instruction, that (surely my fault) I can't make
to work.

Buona serata (o quel chel'รจ :)