Re: On creating "title pages" and the like (with \markup)

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: On creating "title pages" and the like (with \markup)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 11:23:09 +0100

Hi Josh,

here is just a hint this topic. The markup-system in lilypond is quite
complex and is able to combine arbitrary eps-files with anything else, a
\markup can display. So to have a nice title-page can also mean to
translate, rotate, scale and combine different markups. The eps-file
here is a combination (\combine-list defined here) of a series of
eps-files, produced by potrace on the fly. (I use my own potrace
markup-command to accomplish this)
This is a kind of misusing lilypond and means a lot of trial and error
for translating (scaling/rotating) markup-pieces. But if it is finished,
one can create a template/markup-command/scheme-function and create
title pages with different texts but same layout.

Just another thought on this.
Best, Jan-Peter