Re: Ferneyhough-style Interruptive Polyphony

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Ferneyhough-style Interruptive Polyphony
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 19:23:58 +0100

Joseph Rushton Wakeling <address@hidden> writes:

> On 06/11/13 17:06, Urs Liska wrote:
>> Really?
>>  From my experience publishers don't have/make problems with giving a free
>> licence to use such an excerpt for such a purpose.
>
> IIRC stuff in the LSR is supposed to be dedicated to the public
> domain, and there's no way I can see to do that.

You can always ask the publisher.  But of course, that would mean if
people made a sampler/remix including just a rendition of those bars,
there could be no royalty payments to Ferneyhough and/or his publisher
and/or his resident thug agency (which usually only make exclusive
royalty collection deals) for that.

--
David Kastrup