Re: [ANNOUNCE] Frescobaldi included in MacPorts!

From: Garrett McGilvray
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Frescobaldi included in MacPorts!
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:14:25 -0600

Note: Apologies to Davide for the double message. I forgot to Reply All the
first time.

On Nov 6, 2013, at 9:16 AM, Davide Liessi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear users of Frescobaldi and Mac OS X,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Frescobaldi and python-poppler-qt4 have
> been included in MacPorts! [1] [2]
> This means that the procedure for installing Frescobaldi is now
> greatly simplified.
>
> You can find the new installation instructions at [3] (Italian translation
> [4]).
> There you'll find also instructions about how to migrate a previous
> installation with Philippe Massart's guide or my Portfile repository
> to the new MacPorts-only-based installation.
>
> Best wishes.
> Davide
>

> [1] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/40138
> [2] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/40139
> [3] https://github.com/dliessi/ports/blob/master/INSTALL-Frescobaldi.md
> [4] https://github.com/dliessi/ports/blob/master/INSTALL-Frescobaldi.it.md

I followed the instructions in your link #3, but the port failed. I do have Mac
OS 10.9, which apparently was causing problems earlier, but that was since
reported as fixed. I previously have Frescobaldi installed via Philippe
Massart's method, and so the command I used was this, copied directly from the
instructions in the migration section:

sudo port -f install frescobaldi

Here is the output in Terminal beginning where the first warning occurs:

Warning: File
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/popplerqt4.so
 already exists.  Moving to:
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/popplerqt4.so.mp_1383781060.
Error: org.macports.activate for port py27-python-poppler-qt4 returned: can't
create directory
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/python_poppler_qt4-0.16.3-py2.7.egg-info":
 file already exists
Error: Failed to install py27-python-poppler-qt4
Please see the log file for port py27-python-poppler-qt4 for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_python_py-python-poppler-qt4/py27-python-poppler-qt4/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: py27-python-poppler-qt4
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
   http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port frescobaldi failed

It seems to me it is snagging on the fact that a needed component is already
installed, but I don't know what to do about it. However, it is not critical
for me, since I still have the current version installed the old way and that
still works as it did before I tried to install with the new MacPorts install.
Which is not to say perfectly (since it is a bit quirky in OS 10.9), but
besides a few hiccups, it works fine.