Re: [ANNOUNCE] Frescobaldi included in MacPorts!

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Frescobaldi included in MacPorts!
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 01:27:14 +0100

2013/11/7 Steve Noland <address@hidden>:
> I have tried to follow the instructions in your new page, and when I attempt
> to uninstall frescobaldi and/or python-poppler-qt4, I get the following
> error message:
>
> Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Please specify the full
> version as recorded in the port registry.
>
> What can I do to discover the correct form of the registry entry?

Apparently you have more than one version of frescobaldi and
python-poppler-qt4 installed, probably because you updated them.
This is normal: when you update a port in MacPorts, the old version is
only deactivated and not uninstalled.

Apparently the command in my instructions cannot deal with this rather
common situation.
Try this:
sudo port uninstall installed and \( name:frescobaldi name:python-poppler-qt4 \)

Let me know if you have other problems.

Best wishes.
Davide