Re: Thoughts about creating Stack Exchange page?

From: Hilary Snaden
Subject: Re: Thoughts about creating Stack Exchange page?
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 11:08:48 +0000
On 2013-11-02 11:54, David Kastrup wrote:
> Hm, I like this idea of turning a mailing list into an entirely optional
> social networking medium by adding more of a feedback/scoring criterion
> than "Report Spam".

So the mailing-list continues to function as-is, with a separate system
for maintaining and presenting scoring data relating to it? Such a
project could be of use well beyond LilyPond's lists.

ISTR for a while Google did something very similar with Usenet. (Being
Google, they've subsequently thrown away the scoring system and made the
user interface worse.)

--
Hilary