Re: Cello bow slurs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Cello bow slurs
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 06:26:14 +0100

Colin Campbell <address@hidden> writes:

> I have an exercise which requires starting a note on one string, then
> adding a second note while the first is still sounding.  Graphically,
> it looks like a slur. My problem is that, in order to get timing
> right, I have to use two voices, and of course, I can't slur from one
> to the other.
>
> I'm also stuck on cutting pieces out of a scanned image, so here is
> what I need, attempted in ASCII, with the slur from the e2 to the c'4:
>
> upper  r2  r4   c'4 |
>
> lower   r2  e2        |

Well, if we are talking about a cello, you'll never have more than one
slur at a time, right?  So you might just move the Slur_engraver from
Voice level to Staff level.

Since you did not provide a minimal (non-)working example and I am too
lazy to write one myself, the rest is left as an exercise to the reader.

--
David Kastrup