Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 06:52:29 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for this one more scan, Peter.

So have a look on how that compares to LilyPond:

spacing.ly <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n153581/spacing.ly>
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n153581/spacing.png>

(I should have created a larger image, but that is too late now. Anyway, it
is still possible to see the distances on my example above)

The numbers in red are the ones that differ from your scan. Also note that
the distance between the clefs and the time signatures is way larger in
LilyPond when compared to her example. This is one what bothers my eye the
most on all these examples, to be honest.

I think that we should balance these distances, her examples are looking
much better than the current output of LilyPond IMO.

What do you think?

Best,
Gilberto