Re: Beam start and end position

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Beam start and end position
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 16:55:38 -0700

On 11/09/2013 04:18 PM, Thomas Morley wrote:
2013/11/9 Peter Van Kranenburg <address@hidden>:
Dear list,

In this example:

---------
\version "2.16.2"
\score {
\new Staff \with { \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #2.0 } { \relative
c'' { g16 a bes c } }
}
---------

The beam does not overlap the stems of the notes entirely, which does not
look very nice (see attached png). It should start at the left of the first
stem and end at the right of the last stem rather than in the center of
both.

Could someone advise me on how to extend the beam a little to the right and
to the left?

(I need thick lines for engraving the music in a stone).

Thanks in advance!

Peter van Kranenburg

Hi Peter,

clearly a bug. Confirmed with 2.17.95

\version "2.17.95"

\new Staff \with { \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #4 }
\relative c'' { g16 a b c }

Please write a bug report.

I'm sorry that no workaround came to my mind.

Thanks,
  Harm

Created Issue 3653: Beam ends not matched to StaffSymbol thickness

Cheers,
Colin
--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands.
You need to be able to throw something back.