Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 16:29:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi David,

Indeed that exact example is the worst one, but I think that our way of
dealing with engraving rules, spacing, etc. should not be conducted by what
bother us or not. I really think that some quantified standards (such as
Gould's example, which is measured in staff space units) is the way to go.

I didn't try to modify the space-alist property, and I will have a look on
it. But (as usual with my posts here), I am not trying to type a specific
score right now, I am just commenting on how to improve LilyPond.

And I also hope you are wrong about differentiating the space with and
without accidental(s) so a fix could be easier to implement.

Thanks for you reply, take care!
Gilberto