Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 17:50:39 +0100

Gilberto Agostinho <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry for the confusion, I am used to simply go to nabble.com to post,
> answer or simply check what is going on with LilyPond, and I realize
> now that by merely clicking "reply" to someone's message is not enough
> to find out where the reply was aimed (there are no automatic quotes
> or anything like this, contrary to using an e-mail). So I will be more
> careful and add quotes via the button up there; sorry for any
> confusion.

Uh, you quoted _everything_.  Please don't.  It's usually simple enough
to use your mail reader or news reader or the web interface or whatever
to get more context (as there are headers indicating the message
threading).  However, Patrick, judging from his quote, was responding to
a _digests_.  Those lose all threading information.

The answer, _obviously_, is not to indiscriminately quote everything.
That would makes the impact of thread posts grow quadratically with
thread length, and of digest answers grow exponentially.

So obviously one quotes _only_ what is immediately relevant to the
reply.

--
David Kastrup