Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 15:49:34 +0100

2013/11/11 Gilberto Agostinho <address@hidden>:
> David Kastrup wrote
>> It also sends out a more serious variant of the message "this is
>> important to me" without the accompanying "so this should make you want
>> to do the work".  It's in general much easier to get something done by
>> doing it than by telling others they should do it.
>>
>> And sometimes you'll find that you can make them do most of the work
>> anyway by asking "how would I do this?" rather than "why don't you want
>> to do this?".
>
> Look David, I deeply dislike the tone you are using now. I find it extremely
> offensive to be accused of being lazy and simply trying to force people to
> do things that "are important to me".

Gilberto,
you misunderstood David.  I know him long enough to be 100% sure that
this is a misunderstanding: he most definitely didn't want to imply
that you were lazy or trying to force people to do things for you.  He
was just giving you some advice.

I'll write a more detailed answer, but i wanted to send this asap to
make sure that the misunderstanding doesn't get worse.

best,
Janek