Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:05:12 +0100

On 11/11/2013 12:53 PM, Gilberto Agostinho wrote:
Here the accidental could be mistakenly taken for a part of the key
signature if it's too close. (The example appears fine to me when I
compile it, but I would like to mention it anyway.)
I think the worst case on my .PNG image was the one "with clef and with more
accidentals", where there is basically no spacing at all between the clef
and the accidentals! The example you posted also seems to me to be rather
close to the key signature.

Gilberto, could you do the exact measurement also on this last example I posted? I think it would be interesting. I seemed to me that the confusion I mentioned as a possible problem was quite far-fetched in the actual result. (I can post the scan from Gould on this if you like!?)

Best
Peter