Re: Automated custom clef settings for custom staves

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Automated custom clef settings for custom staves
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 09:09:13 -0800 (PST)

Paul Morris wrote
> However, I think you could put these definitions at the beginning of
> 'mymusic' and tag them, and then use the tag to include or exclude the
> definitions depending on which clefs you wanted.  (Then you'd only have to
> use tags in one place rather than every time there was a clef or clef
> change in the music.)

On second thought, this doesn't work:

%% BEGIN SNIPPET %%
\version "2.17.95"

mymusic = {
  \tag #'custom-def {
    #(add-new-clef "treble" "clefs.neomensural.c" 1 0 -2)
  }
  \clef treble
  c' c' c' c'
}

\score {
  \keepWithTag #'custom-def \mymusic
}
\score {
  \removeWithTag #'custom-def \mymusic
}
%% END SNIPPET %%

But using tags with each clef instance will work:

%% BEGIN SNIPPET %%
\version "2.17.95"

#(add-new-clef "myclef" "clefs.neomensural.c" -3 0 2)

mymusic = {
  \tag #'custom-clef { \clef myclef }
  \tag #'trad-clef { \clef treble }
  c' c' c' c'