Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: Beam positions and time signature spacing
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:28:31 +0100

On 11/11/2013 05:35 PM, Gilberto Agostinho wrote:

Here we go:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n153739/image.png>

As you can see, the distances here are roughly 1 and 1.5 units, while the
example I posted before ("with clef and with more accidentals") has a
distance of merely 0.5 units.

Thanks!

Based on these two examples, it would indeed seem that LilyPond is intelligent enough to adjust for this potential problem; in the first example where there were no risk of mistakenly take the accidental for a part of the key signature the distance were 1.3 and here when the risk is apparent it is 1.5. If this is the case and not just random coincidence I would completely drop this from the list of potential problems. What do you think Gilberto?

Best
Peter