Re: Horizontal alignment of MetronomeMarks

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Horizontal alignment of MetronomeMarks
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 21:15:05 -0800

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 14:46:26 -0800, Daniel Rosen <address@hidden> wrote:

At the same time, people were unhappy with the default placement of
tempo over barlines
so I changed the default put them over where the first note in the measure
would go.

This decision makes sense in most cases, but not when the first note in the
measure is a MultiMeasureRest.

Now that I am looking for it, I do notice that tempo marks seem to align on the
first note when there is one, otherwise the barline.

LilyPond is set up to do that (using the messy code that I was recently
complaining about) by setting the two priority-lists for placement of the tempo
marks as follows:
  \override Score.MetronomeMark #'break-align-symbols =
    #'(time-signature staff-bar)
  \override Score.MetronomeMark #'non-break-align-symbols =
    #'(note-column-interface multi-measure-rest-interface
paper-column-interface)
Maybe that should be the default.