Re: Lyrics questions

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: Lyrics questions
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 11:23:58 +0100

Hello Eluze,

Thanks for the link, that’s most helpful!

It’s my first attempt at producing scores with lyrics: a friend of mine asked
me to produce a score with 2 stanzas as lyrics, i.e. mixed up with the music,
and a separate tenor staff in the treble clef, since she usually reads the
latter, from the attached PNG image.

Regarding the placement of lyrics commands in macros : in the attached file,
the code:

        % add lyrics for verse 2 in non-repeat part of score
        \new Lyrics = "foo" \lyricsto sopranosLevelOne
                {
                \small
                \verseTwoResto
                }

in macro addLyrics at lines 447-452 doesn’t produce the corresponding lyrics
for stanza 2 in the score from bar 10 on, whilst uncommenting the same code at
lines 507-512 does.

Also, commenting out the breaksMusic macro (unused) at lines 59-61 causes lots
of messages containing:
        warning: Two simultaneous lyric events, junking this one
to be issued, and nearly no lyrics to be produced.

I’m using LP 2.17.20.

Sorry for not having a shorter example yet: I’ve been struggling with that one
for a while, and I’m not sure the same problems will show up if I start
removing things.

JM

PNG image