Re: LilyPond Video Tutorials (Beginner) UPDATE

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: LilyPond Video Tutorials (Beginner) UPDATE
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 11:43:09 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone,

I would like to share an update regarding my beginner LilyPond tutorials on
YouTube. I just uploaded the 20th tutorial this afternoon and I've finished
mapping out the next 20 as well. In the coming videos, I'll start explaining
the meat 'n potatoes of LilyPond and we'll be covering a full orchestral
score project (including parts). I plan to cover tweaking, functions,
shortcuts, and tricks I've learned along the way.

I've been a bit busy recently so I haven't had time to upload them as fast
as I'd like to but hopefully I'll have most of them up by the end of the
month.

For those interested in checking out the videos, here is the playlist:
http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond

The tutorials clock in at around 80 minutes of lessons so far. If anyone has
any feedback or requests for content, please let me know and I'd be happy to
help.

Have a great day,
Ben

Federico Bruni-5 wrote
> 2013/8/23 Phil Holmes <

> mail@

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Daniels" <

> address@hidden

>> To: "SoundsFromSound" <

> soundsfromsound@

> >; <

> lilypond-user@

>> Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 9:52 AM
>> Subject: Re: LilyPond Video Tutorials (Beginner)
>>

>>  SoundsFromSound wrote Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:40 PM
>>>
>>> Hi Ben
>>>
>>>  I wanted to let you all know that I recently uploaded some LilyPond
>>>>

>>> This is great work!  A very professional introduction to LilyPond and
>>> Frescobaldi.  It deserves a link from the LilyPond site, IMO.
>>>

>> You could put it up as a ponding?
>>

> I think that it would deserve a best location. What about adding it in the
> FAQ?
> http://lilypond.org/website/faq.html
>
> Something like:
>
> "Too lazy to read the Learning Manual? or Scared by text manuals?
> Watch this series of video tutorials and decide if it worths learning
> LilyPond"
>
> We missed such a good screencasts, kudos to Ben!

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond