Re: export to musescore

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: export to musescore
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:00:37 +0100

On 11/12/2013 09:40 AM, Urs Liska wrote:
Am 12.11.2013 09:06, schrieb Stefan Thomas:
Dear community,
is there a way to export lilypond to musescore?
I don't want to give up using lilypond, but when I work with students and pupils, I've experienced that they have a lot of difficulties in using lilypond and that they prefer with a gui.
All the best
Stefan

Hi Thomas,

the way to go would be MusicXML export.
While this wish has popped up every now and then for years, Peter Bjuhr has just started to give it an actual try. We don't know how far this will get, but it will at least be a start for this very important improvement. When we've sorted out the options and have something like a "roadmap" we'll post about it again.

Urs

I'd like to add that the actual development is partly taking place in the development version of Frescobaldi, perhaps someone has seen the menu element there and wondered. It's still very basic and limited so I would definitely hesitate to promote any real use of it besides for testing purposes.

Stefan, maybe it could be interesting to know something of the level of complexity of the LilyPond code you wish to export or even a short example. Then at least I could tell you how far away a successful export is at this point.

Best
Peter