Write to a separate file from a custom set of engravers

From: Maurits Lamers
Subject: Write to a separate file from a custom set of engravers
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 13:03:42 +0100

Hi all,

If I create an additional set of engravers in Scheme, what approach should I
take if I want the output of these engravers to end up in a separate output
file?
This separate file should not be the generated post script file or a log file.
I could call (open-file ) and write to it, I could also create a closure in
which I get access to this file, but this doesn’t give me any control on the
order in which the output is written to the file, or does it?
What would be the best approach here?

Thanks in advance!

Maurits