Re: Partial measures (in middle of score)

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Partial measures (in middle of score)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 07:08:54 -0800 (PST)

David Kastrup wrote
> See issue 3645, to appear in LilyPond 2.19.0 and likely in 2.18.1 (note
> that 2.18.0 will be released in few weeks at the earliest).
>
> If you follow
> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3645> to the
> Code Review, you'll easily see the change in documentation.  The "after"
> documentation is what you probably would have found easy enough to use,
> the "before" documentation likely is what you will have to work with for
> now unless you are working with the current master from git.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Thanks David. I don't quite understand everything on the code review page
but I get the general idea. For now, for this project I'm going to just use
the partial command in the middle of the piece and accept the log warning.
That's the only issue in my log file and for this example I think it'll be
ok. It's a basic quick-setting project.

After reading the code review page and a few other threads I searched here,
I have one question for you: do you think the partial command will be
"allowed" in the middle of a LilyPond input file in a future version? Is
that the overall plan? Or will that break something down the road?

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond