from single staff to piano staff

From: mario
Subject: from single staff to piano staff
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 10:34:28 +0000 (UTC)

Dear users,

I write because I don't know how to face this problem.

I have a single staff score, generated by my epiano in .mid and then
converted in .ly through Musescore.

I would like to separate the staff in two staves (i.e. a PianoStaff).

Is there a simple way to do that?

You know, I was looking forward to something like \autochange - I don't
remember the name, I also tried to do something like

\new PianoStaff
{ \autochange { \relative c' {
    <c, ees a d g c>4 r <fis c' eis ais>~ <fis c' f aes bes>8~ <f b e g
bes>~      | % 1
}}}

but it didn't break the chord in two staves.

Thank you very much in advance,

Mario.