Re: stylesheet that override defaults

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: stylesheet that override defaults
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 08:44:34 +0100

MarcM <address@hidden> writes:

> Now I am finding myself using commands to override default settings. An
> example is overriding beam grouping. Those command such as "\set
> Timing.beamExceptions = #'()"  need to be used within the score right after
> the time signature and can't be included from a file using "\include"
> because setting the time signature will reset the automatic beaming
> settings.
>
> I'd like to include that override in a stylesheet for "fiddle" music. Is
> there a way to do that? May be override the time signatures ?

The manual states in
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/beams#setting-automatic-beam-behavior>

in the very first paragraph:

    When automatic beaming is enabled, the placement of automatic beams
    is determined by three context properties: baseMoment,
    beatStructure, and beamExceptions. The default values of these
    variables may be overridden as described below, or alternatively the
    default values themselves may be changed as explained in Time
    signature.

If you follow the link on "Time Signature" and scroll down a bit, you
arrive at

    Alternatively, the default values of all these time-signature-based
    variables, including baseMoment and beamExceptions, can be set
    together. The values can be set independently for several different
    time signatures. The new values take effect when a subsequent \time
    command with the same value of the time signature is executed:

and of course, the stuff is explained there quite thoroughly.

--
David Kastrup