Re: Cross-staff Glissando Stencil Error

From: Piaras Hoban
Subject: Re: Cross-staff Glissando Stencil Error
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:30:13 -0800 (PST)

Keith OHara wrote
> Maybe you can override the 'stencil command itself with a wrapper
> function.
> LilyPond will call the wrapper when she is ready to draw the Glissando,
> you can first call the default function (ly:line-spanner::print) to
> generate the stencil, modify what it returns, and return the modified
> stencil from your wrapper function to be printed.

Keith,

Thanks so much for this; works really well. Is the wrapper-function
functionality explained anywhere in the docs? I'm not sure I fully
understand how it works (though I understand how to implement it).

Very grateful for this; now lilypond can do Stockhausen cluster glissandi
notation!

piaras

stockhausen_cluster_gliss.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n154282/stockhausen_cluster_gliss.ly>