Re: Possible bug? Commenting out section causes EOF

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Possible bug? Commenting out section causes EOF
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:04:46 +0100

ryanmichaelmcclure <address@hidden> writes:

> I am working on a multi-part piece. I have all of my parts in one .ly file.
> So, when I want to work on just one, I comment out all other parts using %{
> %}  However, when I go to engrave, I get an error that reads
>
> /home/ryanmcclure/Compositions/Transcriptions/Holst, Gustav/First Suite In
> E-Flat/Parts.ly:813:69: error: EOF found inside a comment
>   instrument = \markup{ \center-column{ \line {"BASS DRUM, CYMBALS,"
>                                                                     } \line

Please _always_ remember to state the version of LilyPond you are having
problems with.  I see that this question answered itself already, but
it's actually impossible to pinpoint stuff if you don't give the version
number.  For example, there have been about 4 or 5 different commits
regarding EOF behavior since version 2.16.0 alone.

--
David Kastrup