Re: LilyPond/Android

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: LilyPond/Android
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 22:55:39 +0100

Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> writes:

> The option to install and run Linux on a rooted Android device, and
> then run Lilypond on it sounds interesting in theory. But has someone
> actually tried this in real life situations? It sounds to me that this
> requires a certain amount of RAM and diskspace and a fast processor to
> be seriously usable.

Depends on your needs. A couple of gigs (external) SDcard is cheap, and
modern phones often have 1GB of RAM or more. Processing a reasonable
6-8 page score could take a couple of minutes.

But a more interesting question is: why would one want to do this? I
carry most of my scores in PDF format on my 10.1" tablet, but I see no
added value in being able to run the .ly files through LP on the tablet.

Maybe the OP can shed some light on the backgrounds of his question?

-- Johan