Re: An invitation to a LilyPond powered concert

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: An invitation to a LilyPond powered concert
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 21:38:11 +0100

flup2 <address@hidden> writes:

> I was aware of the project to "bump" the entry in public domain, but until
> now, all I heard was about "related rights" (performer, producer, etc.) and
> not authors.

See <URL:https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp>

    Expand Copyright Terms: Create copyright terms well beyond the
    internationally agreed period in the 1994 Agreement on Trade-Related
    Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS). The TPP could
    extend copyright term protections from life of the author + 50
    years, to Life + 70 years for works created by individuals, and
    either 95 years after publication or 120 years after creation for
    corporate owned works (such as Mickey Mouse).

Admittedly, that seems to keep Rachmaninoff in the EU more or less in
the same place.

--
David Kastrup