Re: film score example

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: film score example
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 15:45:33 +0100

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 2013/11/29 Joseph Rushton Wakeling <address@hidden>:
>> Hairpins that don't begin or end with a notehead or rest are such a typical
>> musical notation, so easy to do by hand or with a WYSIWYG score editor, and
>> really annoying and finnicky to do with Lilypond.
>
> What do you think about \at function that David wrote?
> (see snippet here
> https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/input-shorthands/articulations-not-aligned-with-notes)
> The syntax is a bit awkward, but this function already does exactly
> what we want: allows to insert dynamics and other things in the middle
> of the note's duration.  I think it's very nice.

Unless you have a full score with filling material, it's not all that
helpful without solving issue 3232
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3232>.  The
original issue in the original description, of course.

> Would you like to sponsor this?  For $20 i could add special
> accidentals to LilyPond font and adjust \flat, \sharp and \natural
> commands to use them (and maybe others like \semiflat, if i'll have
> time).

Why not use the Unicode charpoints, like B♭, F♯ and so on?  They are
_supposed_ to go well with the text font and kern properly.

--
David Kastrup