Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 23:06:00 +0100

Hi,

2013/11/29 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> There is still a lot LilyPond is in need of doing, I am pretty positive
> that 2.18 will be out before Christmas, and I am responsible for a large
> part of the developments even though the majority of contributions and
> of organizational tasks and efforts and translation work and user help
> and so on is done by volunteers working in their spare time.
>
> But one person who just works on LilyPond can make a difference.  Can we
> keep this up?

To anyone who's not very familiar with the current situation and would
like to get an idea about how important David's work is for LilyPond:
i suggest to look at the list of fixed issues since last stable
release:
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=1&q=status%3AVerified&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Stars%20Owner%20Patch%20Needs%20Summary&num=550&start=0
As you can see, it appears that David (address@hidden) is doing abou
as much as the rest of the development team combined!

best,
Janek