Re: film score example

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: film score example
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 00:37:02 +0100

Am 30.11.2013 00:09, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
I would also sponsor a solution for using this text accidental in
> lilypond-book.
I totally recommend using LilyGlyphs!  Their added advantage is that
they are already implemented - you can send money to Urs right away,
he deserves it! :-)

Maybe I  deserve it, certainly I could use it - but I didn't ask for it.
What would be even more useful is
- users
- feedback
- contribution.

lilyglyphs is very prone to contribution because one major task in development is simply increasing symbol coverage, which is rather trivial (although the explanation in the manual is rather lengthy).

It should be very easy to write commands that combine note names in the default text font with accidentals from LilyPond while having complete control about scaling and placement is provided.
The only limitation is that it requires fontspec and thus can only be used with LuaLaTeX and XeLaTeX. Which for many probably isn't a limitation.

Have a look at
http://lilypondblog.org/2013/09/using-musical-symbols-in-text-documents/
and maybe http://lilypondblog.org/2013/09/extending-lilyglyphs-part-1/
to get an impression if it could be for you.

HTH
Urs