Re: film score example

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: film score example
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 11:38:22 +0100

On 30/11/13 00:03, Janek Warchoł wrote:
2013/11/29 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
Why not use the Unicode charpoints, like B♭, F♯ and so on?  They are
_supposed_ to go well with the text font and kern properly.

because *we* have the most beautiful musical font in the world? ;-)
I've looked at the output of
\markup { B♭ F♯ }
and it is *hideous* (see attached).  Totally unusable.

But if you go with text + Lilypond accidental glyphs, you have the challenge that the optimal combination will vary depending on the text font. Not all of us stick with the default, you know :-)

That said, I agree with you that the use of these combinations of Unicode glyphs does not seem to work well (I tried out a few different fonts in LibreOffice just to compare and contrast; uck).