Communication style on the devel list

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Communication style on the devel list
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 00:16:53 +0200

On Nov 30, 2013, at 10:58 PM, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:

2013/11/30 Mike Solomon <address@hidden>:
I would argue that the point that Janek brings up above is not a healthy sign for LilyPond development.
Several developers, including myself, have lowered their participation considerably over the past two years.

Maybe i should ask the question "why are you less active?".  But i
don't want to be overly inquiring; i assume that your job and family
simply takes so much time that you cannot do LilyPond work.

Janek

Nothing to do with either of those - after a series of difficult conversations on the developer list, I informed the community that I’d be taking time off the project:

This was about a patch that ultimately made its way into the code base (a6efcfa82dae01859f0d6d3bbfbaaa6f2eeb8a9c, modified and pushed by Keith O’Hara).  I made this decision after having asked several times to keep the communication between developers cordial and collegial.

Insofar as I do not believe I am the only person who has run into this issue, I think this is a hindrance to LilyPond development that needs to be addressed by the community.

Cheers,
MS

P.S. I changed the subject of this thread because I am now addressing a different issue.  I do not want this message to be construed in any way as an advisement against supporting David being paid for his valuable and essential contributions to LilyPond.