Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 10:51:18 -0500

Hi Richard,

> Ha! It's funny you should mention this, but I just added a command to
> Denemo to create a staff complete with time signature changes and empty
> measures for a score (for a completely different reason).

Synchronicity!

> Front-end stuff is so easy to do with a pre-processor like Denemo.

Fair enough… but to accomplish such “obvious” things,
1. Lilypond shouldn’t require a pre-processor (the very mention of which makes
most potential users eyes cross); and
2. Users shouldn’t be required to learn a new tool.

I am looking forward to examining Denemo, once my current project load
diminishes to the point where “free time” is a reality.

Cheers,
Kieren.