Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 17:16:28 +0100

Am 01.12.2013 12:04, schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
Hi Urs,

If anybody is interested in this and has experience with Python and/or MusicXML
please contact us
I have no Python experience, but lots of XML/XSL(T) experience — and, of
course, a proven willingness to financially support Lilypond.
Will those help?

Both will surely help, although it's probably too early for talking about concrete sponsorship.
I see three possible approaches for you:

1)
Write to Peter privately, and you'll probably get into an exchange of ideas what could be useful.

2)
Goto https://github.com/openlilylib/ly2xml/wiki/_pages and have a look if anything rings a bell with you.
But be warned: The hyperlinks may lead you far away ;-)

3)
Have a look at http://music-encoding.org
It's not about MusicXML export but something for a later step. But it's a major academic initiative that _seems_ to be partially complementary to us, and it may be a good thing to think about converters for MEI->ly<-MEI. I'm telling this you because MEI is an XML DTD and so it should be possible to convert between both with XSLT. And probably this is already done or started, so some research in this regard would be useful.

Best
Urs

Kieren.