Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 17:27:58 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 1 Dec 2013, Kieren MacMillan wrote:

I am looking forward to examining Denemo, once my current project load
diminishes to the point where “free time” is a reality.

Denemo is mentioned several times in this thread.

I have installed and tried Denemo several times recently and in the past, but never managed to make it make life with LilyPond easier for me.

I guess that if you are used to writing Lilypond Code by hand, using Frescobaldi, or another editor, there is not much benefit in using Denemo.

If you are used to using Finale, Sibelius - from a Sibelius/Finale-users point of view - there is not much benefit in using Denemo either.

Which leads to my question: Denemo seems to be a powerful and feature-rich tool, which is continuously improved, but how many people do actually use it for real-life music engraving projects?

--

MT