Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 00:33:23 +0100

Hi,

2013/12/2 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:
> 2013/11/26 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:
>
>> If Marc or Harm are reading this message, I've just compiled bendtest.ly
>> with 2.17.96 and there's a problem in measure 10: a beam appears and I get
>> this warning:
>>
>> Drawing systems...
>>
>> bendtest.ly: warning: no viable initial configuration found: may not find
>> good beam slope
>>
>> \bendGrace {
>>
>> \preBendRelease c8( d)( } c2) r2
>>
>> Layout output to `bendtest.ps'...
>>
>> Converting to `./bendtest.pdf'...
>
> Hi Federico,
>
> it's because grace-notes are beamed per default with 2.17.96.
> Change the example to
> \bendGrace { \preBendRelease c8( \noBeam d)( } c2) r2
>
> or better the definition of 'preBendRelease' to
>
> preBendRelease =
> #(define-music-function (parser location note) (ly:music?)
>    #{
>      \once \override TabVoice.Slur #'stencil = #slur::draw-pre-bend-hold
>      \once \override TabStaff.ParenthesesItem #'transparent = ##t
>      \once \override Voice.Slur #'direction = #DOWN
>      \autoBeamOff \parenthesize $note \autoBeamOn
>    #})

Yeah, we already fixed that in the bend-update branch of the
repository, currently being pull-requested.  Review it here:
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/pull/16

I like the way in which putting this on github fosters collaboration
and development of that snippet (at least i am personally more
inclined to work on code that lives in some repository ;P).

best,
Janek