Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: Supporting my work on LilyPond financially
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 08:50:23 -0500

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm <address@hidden> wrote:

I guess „we“ have a chance in combination with TeX, i.e. at universities etc. where TeX is in broad use, since the approach and needed expertise is similar.

Good luck with that, at least if my university was any indication of things. The only users of (La)TeX was the mathematics department (and then, really only the professors---I learned LaTeX and wrote basically all my math papers using it, but I know of few other students who did...they opted to use the formula editor in Microsoft Word, which, admittedly, got better with Office 2007, but I digress). The math department and the music department don't talk to each other. Almost literally.

Larger universities may have broader LaTeX support and better collaboration, but that's what I've seen.

Carl P.