Re: Basic command line question

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Basic command line question
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 04:10:31 -0800 (PST)

胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng wrote
>   I have not used command line for several years. Now I'd like to use
> musicxml2ly, and have forgotten how I invoked it in 2008. I first run
> cmd.exe on XP, changing to d:\my documents, then musicxml2ly overture.xml.
> But the prompt said that musicxml2ly is not an internal or external
> command or executable or batch processing file. I know I'm wrong, but
> don't know how to do. Could anyone point out the basic command line
> running method to correctly invoke things like musicxml2ly, svn etc?

usually on Windows - "C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin" is in the
system variable /path/ - check this with the command /set path/

if the above folder is not in the variable you can invoke the procedure with

C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin\musicxml2ly yourfile.xml

if that doesn't work I'd suggest to reinstall LilyPond (with the installer)

Eluze