Re: Schikkers List

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Schikkers List
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 07:24:49 +0100

Noeck writes:

>>     http://lilypond.org/schikkers
>
> This looks really cool! (Has it improved a lot or is the html5 demo new,
> compared to last year? The last time I looked, it didn't work for me)

Thanks.  I found some time this spring and it improved a lot.  I haven't
had any time to work on it since summer.  Does it work for you now?

> I think this is what we need - at least for beginners.

That was what I'm aiming at.  I was hoping to have something like this
on the lilypond.org home page, and possibly have `active' snippets in
the tutorial.  To make this into a full fledged gui will take some more
time.

> A gnome-gui is anounced but I can't find it. In the download folder
> every sub-folder is again the download folder. Are there linux
> executables or a deb package? Or do I have to compile it?

The gnome gui currently doesn't bring you anything more than the
html gui.  I haven't shipped binaries, you'll have to compile it
yourself -- and that's quite some work.

Greetings, Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl