Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 07:53:34 +0100

2013/12/2 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>
2013/12/2 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Wouldn't it make sense to integrate the bend stuff into LilyPond?  That
would make it easier to match versions and behavior.

I think that it would be great.
I've never used it much because of version conflicts and because I hoped that 1196 would have been solved sooner or later.
Now since the work on 1196 seems stalling, integrating the bend stuff in lilypond sounds sensible to me. I'll have the chance to test it in real music examples in the coming weeks.

Should I split issue 1196?
I may create a new issue to integrate this stuff and rename 1196 as "add an engraver for bending". Because AFAIK the bend stuff is experimental and it would work better if a specific engraver was created.

I've just added issue 3700:

and updated 1196.
Hope it's ok