Re: Hook like \AtEndDocument

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Hook like \AtEndDocument
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:16:54 +0100

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> is there a way to hook into the compilation process that allows me to
> do something when all parsing has been done?
>
> Concretely I want to use a Scheme function to collect information
> during the parsing (something like a log) and want to output this in
> sorted form to an external file.
>
> I see two ways to accompish this:
>
> a) write the log to an internal structure, then at the end sort it and
> write it to the file
> b) write it to the file immediately and call an external script at the end.
>
> Both approaches (I strongly prefer a) because I'd prefer not to rely
> on an external script) would need a trigger (or listener?) that calls
> a function when everything has been parsed (or when the whole
> compilation process has been finished).
> b) could be worked around by wrapping the lilypond call itself into a
> script, but as said I'd prefer a) anyway.
>
> Any ideas?

Check out <URL:http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=630>.  It's not clear
to me why this is not in
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/snippets/> since it is
in the LilyPond tree under Documentation/snippets and it seems sort of
pointless to maintain it there without making it available.

Bug?

--
David Kastrup